The process of establishing your legal rights to a child born out-of-wedlock is called legitimation.  A legitimation action can also establish paternity, custodial rights, and child support. Even if one parent is not active in the child's life, he or she still has an obligation to provide financial support.  We are available to file a legitimation action, establish or contest paternity, help determine the appropriate child support, and ensure that custodial rights are consistent with the best interests of the child.

Contact Franklin Family Law today at 770-339-0570 or contact us online.